Tuesday, April 1, 2008

More Learning

I was reading David Warlick's blog today, 2Cents Worth, and he was talking about PLN's or personal learning networks. This made me think about our leadership module from class and how we are working to create our own professional development and leadership plans. He made some great comments about knowing when too much technology is too much and when you need to take a break and enjoy the sunshine! That was certainly true today as I sat outside on my porch after work and caught up on the additions to my Google Reader.

In keeping with Mr. Warlick's suggestion, I think I found a great website to add my "network". In tomorrow's Website Wednesday, I feature an Instructional Technology Department from Wichita Public Schools. I found all kinds of great resources here and it's amazing to see how much they are doing. I especially like their newsletter section, called Tech Focus, where they explain in video (!) some of the projects schools within their district are doing. I watched a video on podcasting tonight and I was very impressed. It also seems appropriate since we are creating podcasts in class this week. Look under January's features.

I also recently extended my "network" when I learned more about wikis from some colleagues. We came up with a way to share our SOL resources for all middle school teachers in the county to see and use. It's called MSSOL and online SOL resources are divided into each curriculum category.

No comments:

Post a Comment