Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ahh...Fall!


Autumn Ride !
Originally uploaded by Ming chai
Fall is my favorite time of year and today marks the Autumnal Equinox. Isn't this a great picture to mark the day?

Fall to me represents kids back in school, leaves turning glorious colors, apples ripe for picking, spending time with friends in cool air wrapped in sweaters and blankets at a Friday night football game or Saturday night bonfire roasting marshmallows and making s'mores and the arrival of one of my favorite nights of the year, Halloween. Not sure what is it about this festive night, I don't like creepy or scary things, but I love the magic of the night. My parents met while working for a civic organization on a Haunted Halloween house, so maybe that has something to do with it.

Fall is like my new year's, I get back on track with work, and start refreshing myself and other teachers on all that's new in technology. I sent out an email yesterday to staff members about new volunteers for the technology committee and I've been swamped with emails asking me about it! I love it!

If you're interested in learning more about the Autumnal Equinox, here are a few websites to fill you in:
What is the Autumnal Equinox?
www.examiner.com from Baltimore
www.examiner.com for younger kids (age 5 and up)
Weather and the Autumnal Equinox
Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment