Saturday, February 9, 2008

It's a Wiki World

I've been wanting to create a blog for a long time now and I am very happy with the ideas that I am coming up with and the resources I am finding to share on my blog. This past week, my classes started in on wikis. Wikis are a more collaborative version of a blog, in which a group or an organization can come together and share their thoughts and ideas, instead of just an individual. While I've heard of wikis before, I've never had the opportunity to really be a part of one before. I feel slightly hesitant about having one of my own.

My group picked vocational education for our advocacy wiki. I like what we have done and I'm learning a lot more about wikis through this. I tend to wonder though, what other kinds of things wikis can be used for. I've heard of some teachers using it for their schools as a source for sharing resources, but what else could they be used for in education? In your personal life?

Here's a site I've found that describes wikis in more detail: What is a Wiki?

No comments:

Post a Comment