Thursday, December 17, 2009

EduBlog Awards: Who I Voted For

It's that time again! Time for the Edublog Awards, an award among the educational community nominated and selected by your peers.  Voting ended last night and here are the blogs and bloggers I voted for, along with some honorable mentions.  I should also state before I begin, that this is what I looked for.  I don't like long statements on educational rhetoric, I want to know what kinds of ideas, projects, and lessons that have worked and haven't worked with students and what training among technology coordinators and resource teachers they have used with their faculty and staff.  I guess that's because that's what I try to do on my blog and it's what helps me the most. 

I also look for humor-it has to keep my attention, especially if I'm going to keep coming back to read it or add it to my google reader.  It should also be organized.  There were some blogs I visited that had so much information and extra widgets on them that I didn't know where to begin looking.  That's a time waster for me.  I want my information short and to the point. 

Here's my list:
Best Individual Blog: edte.ch*.  There are some great training and resource sharing items on this blog that I loved!
Honorable mention: Learning Is Messy
*I nominated Philly Teacher for this category, but it didn't make the nomination list.  However, it did make it for Best Teacher Blog.

Best Group Blog:The Adams 14 Global Learner Blog
Honorable mention: Afgahn Women’s Writing Project. I was blown away at the immense true life stories written here.
          
Best Resource Sharing Blog: Free Technology for Teachers.  I get so many ideas here!
Honorable mentions: Edgalaxy and Don’t Waste Your Time.  I really enjoyed the items I found on Edgalaxy.

Best Teacher Blog: Welcome to NCS Tech
Honorable mentions:Blogush, Philly Teacher and Tip of The Iceberg

Best Class Blog: MrCs Class Blog*.  I found this class blog just a few weeks before the edublog awards and enjoy reading what the students are doing in class.
Honorable Mentions: Borman Blogging, Class 4OQ’s Blog, and Huzzah!
*I nominated The House That Blogs Built for this category, but it didn't make the nomination list.

Best Student Blog- Eric’s Blog
Honorable mention: Josh Halliday.com. Josh is a student journalist in Britain!!  I couldn't say no to a student journalist!

Most Influential Blog Post - Bud Hunt’s Would You Please Block?  Very different thought process to the blocking of websites.
Dean Shareski’s Student and Teacher blogging that succeeds

And finally, those new bloggers...they get me every time!  I can't help but want to vote for every single one of them, because they always pull at my heart strings.  Those new bloggers (also mostly new teachers) have a knack for sharing the best stories, the best experiences, their humor, and what they've learned about themselves and their students.  So SOMEHOW, I narrowed it down to these guys...

Best New Blog: Trails Optional*.  I again found this site several weeks before the Edublog awards and it immediately went into the my google reader.  She was also nice enough to share some smartboard resources with me that I've been adding to my fusion page for my "smart" tips.
Honorable mentions:David Cox’s Questions?, I’m A Dreamer, and Technology Tidbits
*I nominated Tip of The Iceberg in this category but it didn't make the nomination list.  However, it did make it for Best Teacher Blog.

Congratulations to each of you and I hope you win!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the honorable mention =). Glad you've enjoyed our blog.

    ReplyDelete