Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Ay Espanol!

I took some time to observe some classes today after my training class this morning (more on that later) and wandered in one of the Spanish classes. They were learning the alphabet today and I had so much fun watching the kids pronounce each letter. I was very impressed with the class and surprised at how much I remembered from my classes! One of the activities they did to learn and remember the pronunciations was "Sound Off", the rhythmic chant you hear in most military movies. Again, the kids did a great job, hitting a bump here and there, but getting it all the same. Then they each received a card with a letter on it and they learned how to spell words in Spanish. Whenever the teacher said a word, the students had to come to the front with their letter cards and spell the words. I even got in on the action and had the letter "rr", a double "r" when they spelled perro or dog. It was a great period and I hear they are using the Classroom Jeopardy game soon-our first class to do so! I can't wait to see how they use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment