Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Twitter! Moodle?

After reading TekkieTeacher's blog post today, I decided I am going to give Twitter a try. Twitter is a social networking community and many teachers are using it as part of their PLC's and PLN's. I have heard of it before, but didn't think I would have time to invest in it. Many of the teachers blogs I have on my Google Reader and those in the DEN have taken to Twitter, so I guess it was only a matter of time before I broke down to try it.

I have already set up my account and found some friends. I have also already added my first "tweet"-that's Twitter speak for a post. A post on Twitter can only be 140 words or less, making a shorter post than a blog post, hence the name "tweet". I'm not quite sure how I let others know that I've created an account....need to figure that out. :)

I also went to an Online Facilitating in Moodle course tonight. I'll be doing this online for next four weeks and designing professional development classes for online learning. Tonight's class felt long (although I am very tired) and I'm not sure much was sinking in. I do agree with another classmate, that it is not the most user friendly tool. I get to do alot of reading in the first two weeks and planning my class, which I think I am going to do on spreadsheets. I did this as part of my practicum last year, but there are things I would like to change and I want to eventually put all of my PDS classes online. We'll see what happens.

Let everything recently, I'll keep updating on all the new stuff I'm learning.

No comments:

Post a Comment