Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Comic Life and Moodle

I have my next two assignments due soon for those PDS courses I am taking. This week, I am creating a lesson plan for Comic Life for Language Arts. I am thinking a short comic series on plot structure would be interesting to try. In my lesson plan, I have students creating characters that explain what plot structure is, making sure that students know understand the concepts before they start writing. Students should be able to have their characters explain rising action, conflict, falling action, and resolution. Once the students have done a storyboard and created this comic, they can move on to creating another plot structure and comic on their story. Again, their characters will be explaining the various plot points of their story and then the students can complete their stories.

In my online facilitator course in Moodle, I am creating an online professional development session on using Excel Spreadsheets in the classroom. This is similar to the practicum I did in graduate school, but I want to be able to go further with it. I learned a lot from that experience and realized that there were some things missing and I want to go back and have teachers know how to fully use Excel to their advantage. Some of that will time spent on graphing and more interactivity assignments.

Both assignments are due in the middle of the week, so I will be busy! I still need to come up with a rubric for my Comic Life lesson. I will also be attending a PDS session on using podcasts with macs tomorrow, which will be new for me. The last time I used a mac before this year, podcasts hadn't even been invented yet! I am quite comfortable using the PC software for podcasting, but I need to know how to use it on the macs for when our mac carts come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment