Thursday, April 22, 2010

Playing with Animoto

I have an upcoming math project using Animoto and I haven't really played around with this site yet, so I decided to give it a try this morning. If you don't know what Animoto is, it's a site that makes videos out of your pictures.  When I logged in, they also told me I could now use short video clips; not sure how long they've had that feature. I used pictures from our Technology Night on Tuesday, so you'll get a peek at what it was like (it went very well, I'll post more in a bit!). 

Here's the video I created:

Create your own video slideshow at animoto.com.

I am really, really impressed with how easy this is!  You're finished in about 4 steps: upload, edit (if necessary), select music, and hit create.  Animoto does the rest for you!  The hardest part is being patient while the photos upload.  I had 3 photos that seemed to be taking forever and I hit refresh on my browser thinking I would probably have to start all over again, but all the pictures popped in, including the ones I was waiting on.  I may have just gotten lucky on that one though!

The music is also very hip for today's students.  I  hear lots of complaints from students when doing a project involving music; that it's not music they like.  There is the option to upload your own mp3's, but the stock music they have is good enough that I want to go look up some of the artists on itunes. 

I'm not sure why I waited so long to try Animoto, I really like it!  Now, I'm intrigued in how else to use this! Has anyone else used this yet?  What did you like/dislike? Please comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment